Skip to main content

Brilliant Britain in the Spring

It has been a long, hard and bleak British winter which has made Spring 
all the more delightful for everyone, and especially wonderful for me
 arriving in the UK from the hot and humid tropics.


Of course, we arrived to for a quick visit to catch up with family and friends 
to find everyone apologising for the dismal, cold weather 
- not at all I said, I love it cool these days!


We've had a wonderful time, enjoying beautiful Britain in the Spring. 
Everything seems particularly green this year.

The flowers are out to delight, we just love the tulips at Dyrham House and the bluebells woods are stunning. By the May Bank holiday weekend, the weather was being reported as a 28-degree scorcher. Yeah right, it was spot on perfect for me. 

I'm heading back to Bangkok this week where the temperature will be scorching no fib!


I have finished off my Blogging from A to Z (2018) Challenge. Thank you to everyone who has popped over to find me at my new space on the internet. In case you missed any of final posts you can find them here:

T is for Tea at the Mandarin Oriental

Fancy joining me for a quick cuppa in the delightful Authors' Lounge at one of Bangkok's lovely riverside hotels? I'm reminded of our impromptu stay there during the late King of Thailand funeral last year, it was quite an experience!



U is for University Life in Bangkok

Little Old Wren has found herself back studying at University in Bangkok this year. Well, it's student life Jim, but not as we know it!


V is for Visit to The River Kwai, Kanchanaburi

Attending the Anzac Day Service at Hyde Park Corner last week, made us reflect back to our visit to Kanchanaburi. This area of Thailand became famous because of the sacrifices made by many Prisoners of War who worked, thousands died, building the Thai-Burma Death Railway. Won't you come with me to explore some more?



W is for Wandering Hellfire Pass, Kanchanaburi
This is part two of the above visit, where we wander Hellfire Pass. It's now a beautiful part of Thailand that hides the horrors of war well. Lest we forget.



X is for X Rays and Health Screening in Bangkok
Moving into modern-day Thailand, we find a healthcare program which is quite different from the more symptom led approaches of Australian Medicare and British National Health Service. It was quite a shock!



Y is for Yoga in Thailand
Needing a more zen-like calm after our Bangkok medicals how about some yoga on the helipad?



Z is for the Amphawa to the Zoo of life, Thailand
Hooray, I made it to Z! I will take you on a morning tour which starts at a floating market, we will whiz around the waterways in a  James Bond, and search for a hidden temple dwarfed under a Banyan Tree, and end up at a Thai Zoo of sorts. Will you join me?


Time to head back to Bangkok
See you back in Asia!

linking with thanks to all the hosts at Our World Tuesday


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat