Skip to main content

Jet - skiing in Inverloch, Victoria


Thank you for joining me on Day 10 of the April A to Z challenge. We're on a virtual tour Wandering Victoria*, this is armchair travel at it's best. Which is perfect for anyone like me, who is a bit of a wimp when it comes to jet-ski travel. 


Today we can be brave and race around the waves 
with the wind blowing in our hair... 
Come join me!

We're in Inverloch, Victoria a pretty seaside town in Gippsland,  named after Scotland's Loch Inver. But first, I need you to all wriggle into some wetsuits and find a life jacket if we're going out on these jet skis. Ha! That's me way out of my comfort zone before we even start!


Inverloch, Gippsland, Victoria
Don't worry you won't look out of place in Inverloch in a wetsuit, 
everyone wears one. You can even wear a wetsuit to the shops! 
Inverloch is great for all water sports, 
whether you want a sheltered swimming beach for a swim 
or a surf beach. 



Even in the height of Summer, you will need a wetsuit if you want to do some serious watersports. The weather can be variable, these pictures were taken in January, the middle of the school summer holidays! The kids below are Nippers which is Lifesaving Victoria's Surf education program for kids 5- 13 years.


Little Nippers, Inverloch Surf Life Saving Club
The Bass Strait has notoriously rough conditions, next stop Tasmania! However, Inverloch surf beach is patrolled by the life savers and is generally regarded as a good place to learn to surf because it's sheltered. The wide, flat sandbar usually produces gentler waves than elsewhere in the region. 


Okay time to bring  the jet-skis. Now I'm the biggest wimp when it comes to these sort of things, I'm the " Are you sure it's safe?" sort of pain in the A*** Mum, but this is virtual travel at it's best and like they say have you ever seen an unhappy person on a jet-ski? 


Let's go!
Linking with Mosaic Monday
With thanks to all the hosts


PS: Wander Victoria is an initiative of our Victorian State Government to encourage us to explore the charms of regional Victoria. You can find out more on my previous post here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat