Skip to main content

Neesie Natters

Neesie Natters







So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

...Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...


Dearest Neessie Natters

Have you got time to stop by for a cuppa, there's a few things I want to say?

Fancy that, you're leaving for the other side of the world...and the beauty of the blogosphere is that we'll not miss you at all!

In fact knowing you, you'll be drafting your next blog as soon as the Air Hostess says:

"The Captain has turned off the fasten seat belt sign...
You may now move around the aircraft and are free to turn on your electronic devises..."

It's a shame you're not leaving on a Wednesday as it would be a great WOYWW What's On Your Work desk Wednesday - there you'd be with your cuppa, your computer, your trusty old camera, maybe some artwork and perhaps a champagne on a tiny weeny fold down table...

You'll be finishing off your doodle with your favourite Cripple Pencil so that you can send it in for this weeks artists playroom challenge at Just Add Water Silly, whipping up an incredible zentangle and it will be finished whilst you are still flying over Australia...

Or maybe you'll be preparing your Simple Woman's Daybook ?

Outside your Window - well I don't wish to alarm you but if you see anything other than clouds, it's not good ...although we know you're a fan of I love a cloudy day. If you see a Little Wandering Wren flying by it's just me saying Au revoir, but any other birds, butterflies and the like, ask the Captain to concentrate...

You are thinking - whether it is appropriate to open the overhead locker to get your Mojo out... worried that your 2 Bags Full will fall...

You are thankful - for the pretty vanity pack the Air Hostess has handed out and whether you could use this as your next blog giveaway (you owe Dion Dior and Gina Rossi Armfield something nice....)

In the kitchen - well you will have the choice of some pretty snazzy cuisine, I doubt they'll have something from Mark's Veg Plot, but you never know, as these Airlines try to impress in Business Class. Get your menu card out and order one of everything (tell them you are a foodie blog writer - just pretend you're from your bog favourite My English Kitchen) and remember all those calories don't count when you are up in the air, enjoy!

You are wearing - your airline PJ's, some lovely airline grey socks and slippers, having dangled your attractive eye shade of the back of your seat for later use, and you will be looking as gorgeous as all get out...

You are creating - well knowing you, to idle a bit of time away on your 23 hour flight, you'll be doing a mandala card for the nice lady in the row in front. You just can't stop yourself...

"Just tell me 40 of your life's significant events and I'll draw them up by the time we're over Indonesia..."

You are going - to invite the Air Hostess to stop by for Tea & Cookies when she's got a mo...to collect a parcel you've made for the Captain all Tied Up With String.

You are wondering - whether you can pluck up the courage to ask for a kids pack so that you can do the colouring-in book...

You will be missing - your friends Down Under Muffin

You are reading - the back of the packet on those "stay alert" pills you are taking so you don't drift off before you watched all those movies you wanted to catch up on...

You are hoping - that Mufty Pup is also having a good trip on her long flight to the UK, hoping that she's sharing her cabin with some nice friends and not one single Cat Beringer Art.

You are looking forward to - returning to Blighty, catching up with family and friends and seeing Muffin again.

Dearest Nessie (I'll be serious now... and forgive me if I have left out any of your lovely blogosphere friends in the above)

I am lucky to have known you whilst you passed through Australia. Your cheerful, happy on screen blog persona is just how you are in person. We have all loved you here in Melbourne. I will miss my dog walking, Bookclub, Blogger friend who makes me laugh everyday.

I send you off back to the United Kingdom with a big hug and lots of love for the next phase of your life. You are truly an inspiration and I will miss you dearly...
Thank you for all the fun times we have had together and for introducing me to the Blogging world and endless hours wasted in front of the computer. As my Blog Professor I feel I should tell the world that you should not be judged on the standard of my little offerings to the blogosphere, and if only I was operating on a computer rather than an IPad then life would have been a whole lot simpler.... LOL ;)

As we (your Aussie Mates) count down to your last days in Australia, we remember with fondness at all the times we've shared together over the last four years. I believe we met quite quickly after your arrival Down Under? One of the Mum's in our Bookclub recommended you to join our merry little band...You were the exotic one in the group having arrived from Doha, the rest of us a motley crew with a variety of backgrounds in Europe, Asia and the US could only scratch our heads and wonder about life in Qatar...

You went from Bookclub member to leader in a blink of an eyelid... You kept us organized and reading... And behind the scenes you were developing an on-line following of friends through your art with their encouraging words and many blessings. For these friends it will make no difference to where you are in the world but I for one will miss having you just down the road.

Take care and see you out there in the blogosphere.

Comments

Neesie said…
Oh my...how wonderful Wren! :D
I think you have just graduated with flying colours to be a first class fully fledged blogger. Your post has touched my heart and I'm truly impressed with how clever you have been.
I'll have to let all the gang know that you are my new replacement for Melbourne. I know you'll look after them.
Once again thank you so much for your lovely words. I can't tell you how much I treasure our friendship even after just a short time. Thankfully the internet will keep us close.
Have fun and get ready for lots of new visitors to your blog soon. :D
xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat